Simmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Residental Zoning Question Empty Residental Zoning Question 2010-09-24, 21:46

Cheeseguy  

Simmania Junkie!
Simmania Junkie!
I have a decent city, 36,000 residents. And what I did was made most of it low wealth, up until about the first 20,000 came by. Both commerical and residental is low wealth.

I read the little booklet thingy that comes with the game to see if I can't find an answer there and it said you could start zoning for high wealth residental at around 26,000 residents. So at around 30,000 I zone over my medium wealth zones with high wealth, and I zone medium wealth over low.

Next thing that happens is I get my first highrise apartment. Diplidation literally runs over it and then it is abandoned. And then after that I check desirability, and kinda patch everything up, upgrade the road networks, transit, and all those what-nots. And medium wealth stays, and then high wealth still abandons. So next I check the transit query, and the roads running through the sector where I am trying to get hirise residental are all oneway roads, I think they were up around 7-800 cars, around 60 or 70 buses.

So then next I realize that there is moderate pollution lingering around. This one stumps me because the medium stage apartments are doing fine, where as a hirise goes up and it instantly abandons. If it isn't traffic (how much traffic can a oneway road handle anyway?), I thought it would be the pollution. Everything else is adequate.

I was wondering if it really is pollution that is driving them off? Because both the hirises and the midrises are low wealth. Does desirability/traffic and other whatnots affect higher growth stages? Or is it something else that is keeping them off?

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

2Residental Zoning Question Empty Re: Residental Zoning Question 2010-09-24, 22:01

K50  

K50
Admin
Well it sounds like you still have low-wealth commercial....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum